Heo-Jeng (Eugene) Ooi, M.D.
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Medical Education: Medical College of Georgia
- Residency: UPMC Eye Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese
- Personal Interests: Spending time with family and friends, food tasting, traveling, outdoor activities, church and Chinese international students outreach
As a comprehensive Ophthalmologist, Dr. Ooi routinely performs cataracts and glaucoma surgeries in an outpatient setting, in addition to doing many minor procedures in office including chalazion and other lid lesions removal, laser treatment for diabetic eye disease, etc. He also offers premium intraocular lens implants during cataract surgeries for any good surgical candidates. Moreover, Dr. Ooi is especially interested at utilizing various minimally invasive procedures to treat difficult eye diseases like Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty for glaucoma and intravitreal injections of Lucentis or Avastin for wet macular degeneration and retinal vein occlusion.